Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bolero Weekly Progress - 1 Mar 08

Ok, were are back. I should say that Tim Lackey is back working on Bolero. He did a remarkable job on Iota and she looks great. I highly recommend that anyone who owns a sailboat read completely through one or two of his renovations. It is extremely valuable and free schooling.

This week Tim moved Bolero and started in some of the structural repairs and improvements. I will let Tim speak for himself with his daily logs but in my mind we are on the downhill side. I know that there is still plenty to do but it seem like the pictures are getting better looking everyday. And as Tim says May is coming fast.


Click the highlighted days for details.

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday

Tim's Total Time This Week: 20.5 hrs




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to see how Tim calculates the angle for the lower chainplate and knee below deck!

Great blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm considering buying a Shields myself, but I'm curious how you located your surveyer. He seemed quite good. Any suggestions on how I should find a good one?

Bill Evans said...

My situation is a bit unique. I stumbled onto Tim's website and starting thinking about having him restore my old Bluenose Sloop. But I really wanted something a bit larger and my Bolero Shields conversion is the result. In addition to restoring boats Tim has also worked as a surveyor so it was natural to have him check out Bolero to make sure she fit the requirements for this project. I don't have any surveyors to recommend but I can recommend Tim for anything he might be willing to do.

Good luck in your search.

Cheers, Bill