Much of the deck hardware on Bolero is quite old and well used so it will be shopping time. With so much of the sail area in the Mainsail I want a traveler system that is powerful and easy to use.
Here is the Harken system that I quite like.
#1616 Low Beam Track - 1.5 meters ($78.65 Retail)

Harken 1621 Midrange CB Trim Caps (Set $10.25 Retail)

1633 Midrange Double Control w/Cam Set (Set $286.65 Retail)

1626 Midrange CB Car w/Toggle ($190.84)

Harken 2638 Double Carbo Block - 40 mm ($53.20)

So let tally up some pricing. The retail cost for this Harken system including the track, pair of end stops, car, two blocks and a pair of end control comes to $672.90. Well nobody said sailing was inexpensive. But then again, no one pays retail. So I did a bit of looking and I found quite a bit of savings

Harken 1621 Midrange CB Trim Caps (Set $10.25 Retail)

1633 Midrange Double Control w/Cam Set (Set $286.65 Retail)

1626 Midrange CB Car w/Toggle ($190.84)

Harken 2638 Double Carbo Block - 40 mm ($53.20)

So let tally up some pricing. The retail cost for this Harken system including the track, pair of end stops, car, two blocks and a pair of end control comes to $672.90. Well nobody said sailing was inexpensive. But then again, no one pays retail. So I did a bit of looking and I found quite a bit of savings
At these prices I will start collecting the pieces to put this system together.


0 comments:
Post a Comment